Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Family Video

Ok, so I've never done this before, but I'm planting a BIG FAT ENDORSEMENT on my blog. Family Video is AWESOME!

This afternoon, I bundled up the kiddos, and headed down to Blockbuster to rent the new Harry Potter movie. (By the way, I was renting it for me and Eric to watch sans kids... it's a little too scary for them, for now.) Well, I got there and Blockbuster had about 12-15 copies, and they were all already checked out. I was bummed. I said something to AbiLyn about them being out. Well, there was a man standing there that told me that the Family Video down the road still had about 70 copies available! I told him thanks and headed out the door. He and a man with him left the same time as me. When we got outside, he handed me a free rental card for Family Video and told me he'd call them and tell them I was coming.
I got there, and it turns out he's a regional manager for the place. The manager sought me out and gave me the store tour, which they do for all new customers. It's great! They have a pretty big section of FREE movies for kids. Free, whether you rent a movie on that visit or not! They have 'nearly new releases' that are $1 for a 5 night rental!
The only down side is that the New Releases are only 1 night rentals. New Release prices range from $1 to $2.59 depending on how new they are... but they DID have the movie I was after... and as a bonus, I got 2 free movies for the kids! Also, new customers get 1/2 price rentals for the first 30 days. I'm so excited about an affordable video store option!

1 comment:

Michele said...

Wow! I've been wondering how that place will even be able to stay in business, but with customer service like that they may make it!