Saturday, December 5, 2009

Really? 8 Hours?!?

My daughter, AbiLyn has been having an earache lately. Since she's had tubes put in, twice, and has had her tonsils and adenoids removed, she generally doesn't get ear infections anymore. So, we now buy earache drops to help get her through any discomfort and don't take her to the doctor unless she starts running a fever. Well, anyone that has ever used ear drops knows that room temperature drops in your ears just makes them hurt worse.
So, anytime AbiLyn tells me her ears are hurting, I've started putting the drops bottle in my bra for a few minutes to heat them up while I do other things around the house. It's usually not a super urgent complaint... Once they've warmed up, I put the drops in her ears.

Well, today while she was stalling at naptime, she said her ear was hurting. I grabbed the bottle and put it in my bra to heat up while I finished whatever chore I was working on... okay, okay, while I finished my train of thought on Facebook.

She never went to sleep and it was time to get the kids up from their non-nap. I had to get them dressed and ready to meet my family at our favorite Mexican restaurant before the Christmas Tree Lighting on the square, here in town.

Well, as you might imagine, I forgot about the drops bottle... and didn't remember it until tonight when I needed them again for her at bedtime. The ear drops warmed for like 8 hours! I totally forgot they were there! Needless to say, they were plenty warm when I needed them for her again. It simply amazes me how much self awareness I've lost since becoming a mom!

2 comments:

Michele said...

LOL!! So all that time we spent together Friday night you were smuggling a bottle of ear drops! Who knew?

Lizzy said...

I know, right?!?