Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Day at the Farm

Today my kids, AbiLyn and Lex, my honorary kid, Lilla, and I went to visit my Aunt Kathy on her farm. She lives in the thriving metropolis of Kelso, TN. (smirk...)

I really enjoyed the beautiful, country drive, despite the fact that there is no interstate to Kelso. I once lived under the impression that if I couldn't get to a city via Interstate then it had nothing to offer me... Then I married a man from Hohenwald.

My Aunt -my mom's sister- has an adorable log cabin complete with wrap around porch, some goats, horses, and 1 baby mule- a surprise from one of her horses 11 months after she bought it. Most importantly, she has loads of room for kids to run. My cousin, Laura, and her daughter, Savanah, came for the visit as well. We all had a wonderful time, a wonderful visit, and some wonderful, home-made chicken salad croissants.

On a quick side-note, my dear Aunt doesn't use this farm solely for the enjoyment of her family. She and my Uncle Randy are foster parents through Youth Villages. Her foster kids hate punishment there. They have to muck out a goat or horse barn!

I included some pictures of the kids riding Sweet Pea. Don't be alarmed, I didn't allow a 4 and 6 year old to ride alone. The horse is being led by my Aunt.

AbiLyn and Lilla

AbiLyn and her cousin, Savanah


Lex wasn't nearly as interested in the horses as he was in this little car.

2 comments:

Michele said...

Good pictures! It looks like they had a good time. Did they all pass out on the way home?

Anonymous said...

I read on Laura's facebook that Savanah did not care anything about riding horses until Abi came to visit and now she loves it. I thought that was really cute. Great pictures!
Carla :)