Friday, August 14, 2009

Who's the Real Victim?

I was going to blog on this incident that occurred while my husband, Eric, was taking our 2 kids and our dog for a walk yesterday, but he did a great illustration of it today and told the story wonderfully.... so here it is:

Even though the file is huge, when I tried to expand the illustration, the words were still blurry. Below is a direct quote of the story above:

"Sometimes we let Caesar run loose in the fenced off intramural fields behind our house. The kids are NOT supposed to go in because I can't fit between the gates held by the chains. Yesterday, however, everyone decided to throw a coup against me and run in the fields like wild animals. After being penned up all day, Caesar was especially rambunctious. He knocked AbiLyn down and stole her flip-flops. She started screaming at the top of her lungs, frozen to the spot in the middle of the field, and apparently instantly deaf as she would not follow my instructions from beyond the fence. People on the track were stopping to stare at the child mauling scene as Lex walked up to Caesar and started whacking him with the little stick pony he brought along. I had to 'jump' the fence and stop the madness before the cops came. I can barely walk today because I bruised both of my heals when I 'jumped.' Oh well, a small price for saving my 4-year-old from my dog, my dog from my 1-year-old, and myself from serious jail time."

1 comment:

Michele said...

Okay, I'm crying! Wonderful job, Eric!!! David's reading with me, and he likes it too! Hysterical!