Thursday, August 6, 2009

Take What You Can Get

Everyday after lunch, I require my girls, AbiLyn and Lilla (and Marley on Thursdays), to put their plates in the trash and their cups in the refrigerator. This has a three-fold purpose... 1) It saves some clean-up on my end. 2) It teaches them responsibility at meal times. 3)when they get thirsty 10 minutes later, they know where their cups are.

Well, today, Lex decided he didn't want to be treated like a baby and INSISTED I give him back his plate, that I had picked up off the floor of course, and cup after I took him out of his high chair. He was such a big man throwing his plate away and putting his cup in the fridge. I was so proud. I noticed later, though, that his cup was empty and sitting on the counter. Then, an hour later, one of the girls asked me if I had done something to her drink... that it didn't look like the same amount. I started really paying attention, at that point, and was educated. Once Lex finished off his drink, he was going back and drinking ALL of the girls' drinks in turn, until they were empty. What a sneaky little guy...

1 comment:

Michele said...

Yes, he's definitely a sneaky one...gonna have to watch him like a hawk!