Monday, August 10, 2009

Nothing Like a Handfull of Boogers

Friday night, I took the kids outside to check on the laundry hanging on the line. Yes, I use a clothes line, but my electric bill for July was amazing!

Anyways... it was one of those summer evenings with cicadas humming, lightening bugs beginning to appear, and a little bit of a haze hanging on to the last rays of sun as it set. The kind of evening that is very difficult to ignore by going inside. Trying to put off going inside, I decided to fill up the kids' kiddie pool so it wouldn't be too cold for a 'swim' on Saturday. That, of course, turned into becoming a sprinkler for the kids to play in while they ran around the yard. In between their circuits around the yard, I added water to the pool. Lex, apparently not liking to have his face wet, started running from the spray to the clothes line. He had pair of footed pajamas, among other things, hanging there and would wipe his face on the feet. Very cute. He thought it was hilarious.

Later that night, I was folding the now dry clothes. I grabbed the foot of some pajamas and received a really slimy, cold, disgusting surprise. I let go of the pj's and looked at the palm of my hand. I had a heap of boogers the size of a half-dollar stuck to my palm. Apparently Lex wasn't wiping just water on the feet of his pj's! Yuck!

No comments: