Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Shackle-Bill and Potts-American

We have a fantastic dog named Caesar. His mom is a Great Pyrenees on my aunt's farm in Kelso. (I talk about her family so much, y'all probably think she's paying for ad space!) The dad was some random stray dog. So Caesar is going to be big. This was him at 3 months old, a month ago.

Caesar has taken to barking... a lot. A huge loud bark that sounds like it's coming from a dog much older than 4 months old. He lives in a HUGE crate inside the house with us. We have figured out that when he doesn't get enough exercise, the barking is worse... rocket science right? We have a 0.6 mile long track behind our house that circles fenced intramural fields used by MTSU. We have, also, figured out that we can squeeze Caesar through the gate of the fence and let him run like mad without a leash while we walk around the track. Some days, that just isn't feasible. For example, rainy days. Yesterday was one of those days.

We decided to go to Target to get out of the house. While I was loading AbiLyn into the van, she seemed very frustrated and looked at me and told me she wanted to get a different dog. A dog named Shackle-Bill. Amused, I asked her where she had learned that name. She kind of looked down at the ground and mumbled this reply, "What? it's a good name." It nearly broke my heart! She was so sweet and I HATE making her feel embarrassed! Anyway, I laughed and agreed with her that it was a good name.

This isn't her first off-the-wall name suggestion. Last year at Christmas we bought her a fake puppy that made a bunch of puppy noises. She named him Potts-American. I have NO idea where that one came from either. If you are ever in need of an interesting pet name, just ask AbiLyn.

1 comment:

Michele said...

She is so funny and obviously very VERY creative!